Since the end of 2013 we have built a strong community of designers, developers and growth hackers for startups. We have built many startups for clients, in addition to launching the StarterSquad Lab. The Lab is designed to build our own startups with StarterSquad teams coupled with entrepreneurs that act as a co-founder. We successfully tested the process with startups like Capacitor, SwipeGuide and Ucourse, and now it’s time for the next stage.
Our vision for the Lab is a Startup Studio/Venture Builder that builds at least 10 internet startups per year. Our design, development and growth hacking teams are in place and ready to go. We have some initial funding available in a Member Fund. We have an innovation funnel of business ideas. Now, we need entrepreneurs that can work as co-founders for the StarterSquad Lab startups.
We are looking for exceptional entrepreneurs to join forces with us to create some kick-ass startups that can have a positive impact on the world. We welcome single entrepreneurs, as well as entrepreneurial teams of two to three people. We offer the chance to run a startup with financial and execution backing! Our co-founders have the power of the StarterSquad community behind them to increase speed of execution and chance of success.
Being a co-founder at StarterSquad will include aspects of startup marketing and sales, as well as project and product management. Focus will be on early stage validation and marketing. You will work with a great team and mentors that provide assistance where needed. Your role will include:
- Validating new startup ideas based upon Customer Development and Lean Startup tactics.
- Reaching out to potential clients through online and offline channels to validate problem-solution fit.
- Managing the product development process in close alignment with customers based upon Agile Development principles.
- Creating and executing traction building campaigns through online and offline channels.
- Managing and executing marketing and branding activities (SEO, SEM, Content Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Email Marketing and Social Media).
- Progress reporting based upon predefined metrics and KPIs.
- Managing and motivating a startup team with multiple skillsets.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial sales & marketing professional with a solid online marketing background. You must be determined, focused, work systematically, and be willing to learn. Additionally, you should have the following characteristics:
- Relevant University Degree (e.g. Business/IT/Marketing).
- At least two to three years of experience in a comparable job or environment.
- Extensive experience with online marketing is a must.
- You are strong with numbers and analytics, while being able to maintain a high-level overview.
- You are proficient in preparing presentations of analytical data with detailed commentary.
- You are proactive, ambitious and independent.
- You are fluent in spoken and written English.
- You are available for at least four days per week.
- You are able and willing to work as part of remote team.
What do we offer?
- You will be part of an experienced team with a proven track record.
- You will work in a distributed international organization.
- You will work on challenging new projects.
- Steep learning and development curve.
- Room for creativity and initiative.
- Basic compensation and an equity stake in the startup you build.